Friday, August 13, 2010

THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURER'S PLEDGE

I just found this pledge in one of the book that I read.
Here are the pledge

  1. I will maintain optimal physical and mental health.
  2. I will prepare for all outdoor activities by dressing properly, anticipating likely risks, and carrying proper equipment for first aid.
  3. I will break in new boots  and shoes before I use them for hiking or climbing.
  4. I will carry protective clothing to be used in bad weather.
  5. If appropriate, I will be prepared for an unexpected night outdoors.
  6. I will seek advice or assistance  if I become ill or injured.
  7. I will let  someone know where I am going and when I expect to return.
  8. I will not drink alcohol or use recreational drugs.
  9. I will not participate in or tolerate risky horseplay in potentially dangerous situations.
  10. I will use proper safety equipment, such as helmet or life jacket, whenever possible.
  11. I will obey all posted warning signs.
  12. I will wash and disinfect my hands before eating.
  13. I will drinks lots of fluids and stay well hydrated. I will disinfect my drinking water and properly prepare all food.
  14. I will not closely approach or otherwise provoke wild animals.
Hope all of us that engaged in all outdoor activities will try to adhere to this pledge.
Any suggestion please do not hesitate to comment. I will make the amendment.

1 comment: